2200 Limit Switch Assembly
The GSI 2200 Limit Switch Assembly is a cam operated switch designed to mount directly to a mechanical tank gauge. It provides one to six dry contact outputs when a mechanical tank gauge reaches the product level set point.
Theory of Operation
The mechanical gauge drives the limit switch shaft attached to a worm gear. The worm gear, in turn, drives another gear attached to the Cam mounting shaft. As the Cam shaft turns it rotates each Cam disk assembly. Each Cam disk has a raised area that represents a percentage of the Cam’s circumference. The rise represents the dwell time of the Cam, i.e., the duration of the alarm (by percentage).
As the Cam rotates toward the fixed switch, the roller on the switches arm assembly rides along the edge (circumference) of the Cam. As the arm rides up the dwell the switch is activated. Each Cam can be calibrated to within 1/2” (12.7 mm) of the actuation point. For higher accuracy, the GSI – MALS Micro- Adjustable Limit Switch uses an adjustable switch assembly that can be adjusted in or out to calibrate the exact point of contact with the Cam’s dwell or raised mound. With the MALS, each Cam can be calibrated to within 1/16” (1.5 mm) of the actuation point.
The GSI 2200 Limit Switch Assembly comes in two models, the LSA and the MALS:
- LSA Limit Switch Assembly is the equivalent of other Cam activated limit switches found on the market with a 1/2” calibration accuracy.
- MALS Micro- adjustable Limit Switch is designed for higher resolution with 1/16” calibration accuracy.
Both models support up to 6 Cam activated single pole double throw (SPDT) switches per assembly, with two supplied on the base models. UL Approved
- 4 SPDT Switches (Optional 6 SPDT Switches)
- 0 – 100 Foot Range
- Both DC and AC Switch Ratings
- NC or NO Settings
- Various dwell times available
- Motor Operated Valves (MOV’s)
- Emergency Shut Down (ESD)