Wireless MODBUSTM Gateway
GSI 5125 WIRELESS Mesh Radios are ideal for use in polling and receiving signal data in Tank Farm Applications. Applications include Tank Gauging, Overfill Systems (High Level Alarm Switches), RTU’s, Gas Analyzers (H2S, etc.), and other I/O. However, in most cases wired connections are still re- quired between the Mesh Radio, Instrument (Gauge, Switch, etc.), and a (clean) power source in order to provide a working system.
Solar Power System
Gauging Systems Inc. offers Solar Power Systems (SPS) with properly sized batteries designed for the duty cycle (polling frequency) and weather condi- tions of the installation location.
Solar Power Systems are self contained, pre-assembled 12 VDC solar power supplies designed specifically for heavy industrial applications. Each system consists of a rechargeable battery, solar energy panel and a battery controller-charge circuit designed to supply continuous DC power sufficient to operate a wide range of instruments. MTG, MMP, Mechanical tank gauge transmitters, Overfill protection switches, Gas detection sensors, and audio visual alarm stations are just a few examples.
These pre-assembled solar power supplies (SPS) are available in multiple configurations with one rated for use in Division 1 electrically classified areas, one for Division 2 locations, and 2 for general purpose non-hazardous loca- tions. In either case, line powered or solar system, GSI will supply robust solutions for your application.
The signal data can be status contacts, 4-20 ma analog signals or serial MODBUS. The Mesh Radios operate at 2.4 GHZ and conform to non licensed radio frequency appliance usage around the world. Distances between Mesh Radios can be up to three (3) miles line of sight using the standard Antenna.
Wireless network integrity and security is accomplished using direct sequence spread spectrum wireless mesh technology. Wireless applications can be as simple as a single field device communicating with a host controller or any number of field devices forming a network.
Each device in the network is assigned a Network ID. Communications is shared among all Mesh Radios, which enables every Mesh Radio in the net- work to act as a router and repeater for all other Mesh Radios in the network. This means that subscribers can “hop” through neighboring Mesh Radios to communicate with each other thereby widening network access points. This unique and innovative technology is designed to create a robust network that automatically routes around congestion and line-of-sight obstacles, while im- proving throughput as the number of Mesh Radio units in a network in- creases.
MESH Radio Specification
- Certified Wireless MODBUSTM Gateway
- Universally Acceptable Frequency 2.4 GHz
- Low Power Requirement
- 3 Mile Line-of-Sight Range
- Robust Mesh Network Topology
- Network Capacity up to 32 Devices (per channel)
- Flexible I/O options
Class I; Division 1; Groups B, D, C
Dimensions / Weight
- 8.4"H x 2.4"Dia.
- 1.85 lbs/0.839 kilograms
Power Supply Voltage: 10-30VDC Transmit Current: 115mA
Sleep Power Down: 3μA
- Idle Current Cyclic Sleep 16s: 1.1mA
- Idle Current Cyclic Sleep 8s: 1.3mA
- Idle Current Cyclic Sleep 4s: 1.8mA
- Idle Current Cyclic Sleep 2s: 2.7mA
- Idle Current Cyclic Sleep 1s: 4.6mA
Inputs / Outputs
- Analog: 4-20mA (2)
- Digital: Battery Monitor (2), RS-485
- Analog Output: Requires Digital to Analog Converter Module
Operating Temperature Range
- -40°C to +85°C; -40°F to +185°F
- Transmit Power Output: 18dBm
- Indoor/ No Line of Sight: 1,000ft
- Outdoor RF Line of Sight (with standard antenna): 3 Miles
- Outdoor RF Line of Sight (with high gain antenna): Up to 15 Miles
- (requires RF coupler to high gain antenna)
- Interface Data Rate: 9,600bps
- Throughput Data Rate: 19,200bps
- RF Data Rate: 250,000bps
- Transceiver Sensitivity: -102dBm
Networking and Security
- Frequency: 2.4GHz ISM
- Spread Spectrum: DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum)
- Modulation: 0-QPSK
- Supported Network Topologies: Mesh, Point-to-Point
- Channel Capacity: 32
- Encryption: AES-128 Available
- Connector: Internal F-Type
- Antenna Impedance: N/A